Cauliflower is proving yet again, it can be anything! A no cream version of Alfredo which is just all soul. This recipe will make your taste buds dance and sing, while also knowing you are having a meal filled with goodness! This will be most definitely on high rotation in my household!
Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta (V)
Serves 5 | Calories 240 | Fat 3.7g | C 40.7g | Protein 6.7g
- Packet of spaghetti or Fettuccine
- Head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 inch piece of Parmesan cheese
- 1 L of vegetable stock or chicken bone broth
- 1tbsp butter
- Five spring onions sliced
- Your favourite greens combo
My favourites are;
– Asparagus & peas
– Asparagus & Edamame
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling point, add salt before, then add your pasta. Cook till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add your cauliflower, stock, garlic, and cheese and boil until the cauliflower is super soft. This will roughly take 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon and add a mixture to a blender and Blitz. Add the stock gradually to work out the desired consistency of your sauce.
- If using broccoli for your greens, blanch first.
- In a frying pan, add your butter and spring onions and cook for a minute before adding your greens and cooking for another two minutes.
- Add your pasta and sauce to the greens before serving. Season with salt, pepper. Garnish with parsley or Parmesan.