4 tbsp. Butter
Whole chicken chicken cut into 6 pieces
4 tbsp arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 onion sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 c. Mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. capers, drained
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 c. chicken broth or water
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a large Bowl add arrowroot powder and salt and pepper. Tossed the chicken pieces in this mixture until they are coated
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat, move the pan around to coat the bottom. Place the chicken in the pan and sear chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan still on medium-high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons cooking butter wait till in melts before then adding the onions, mushrooms a In a large skillet with high edges, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking fat over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in pan. Sear chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. With the same pan still on medium-high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons cooking fat, onions, and peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir until aromatic, about 1 minute, then add capers and diced tomatoes.
- Return chicken to pan and cover everything with chicken broth or water. Reduce heat to medium and bring everything to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue to simmer (not boil) until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°, about 30 minutes. nd peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent. Add garlic and stir until aromatic, about 1 minute, then add capers and diced tomatoes.
- Add the chicken to an oven dish and cover it in the sauce. Cool for 45 minutes. Serve as a stand alone dish or with rice.