If a recipe could change your life, this is the one.
Chicken Schnitz’ with a Twist!
If you love an amazing schnitzel, yet have been underwhelmed with the gluten-free options, this is a game-changer.
Almond meal flakes off and gluten free bread can be hit and miss. Until I discovered the magic of corn flakes to coat your chicken!
You will be thanking me for this one!
4 chicken breasts
2 cups corn flakes (gluten-free)
3 tablespoons butter
Himalayan salt and cracked pepper
- Take your chicken breasts and lay them between two sheets of baking paper. Use a mallet to ‘bash’ the chicken until it is 1/4 inch thick. You can also cheat and take a knife and cut the chicken lengthways at the desired thickness.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush your corn flakes until that resemble a breadcrumb texture. Add these to a separate plate.
- In a separate bowl create your egg bath by cracking your eggs and whisking them with a fork before then seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Line up your chicken, egg bath and cornflakes.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs and generously coat in egg before then doing the same with the cornflakes. Repeat this process until the all of the chicken is coated
- Heat 1 tablespoons of butter in a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted swirl to coat the bottom. Add the chicken and then reduce the heat.
- Cook both sides of the chicken til golden brown. Add more butter if you feel it looks dry or when you turn the schnitzels
Serve with sweet potato fries and salad
Serve and enjoy