A wholesome salad which is both tasty, satisfying and packed to the brim with goodness. This is a perfect lunch, dinner or post workout meal which will help you to most definitely stay on track with your goals. The meal hits the macro requirements to help you get toned and lean while also being packed with fibre to keep your digestion happy. This is definitely one to keep on high rotation!
Chicken, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad
Serves 2 | Calories 435 | Fat 20.9 g | Carbs 33 g | Protein 20.1 g
- x2 skinless chicken breast
- ½ avocado
- cup of quinoa
- small-medium sweet potato
- 2 cups chopped kale (or spinach)
- 2-3 radishes
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees. Chop sweet potato into roughly 2cm cubes, drizzle with a little oil and roast in the oven until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa and add to a pan with 2 cups of water. Bring to boil then simmer with the lid on until water is absorbed.
- Next, massage the kale with lemon juice, chop your radishes, roasted almonds and avocado then mix everything together including roasted sweet potato. Drizzle with more lemon juice and some olive oil.
- Now, season your chicken as desired and pan fry until chicken is cooked through. Slice cooked chicken and serve on top of your sweet potato and quinoa salad.