Chilli Con Carne
During Winter it is always important to have those recipes and dishes which is your perfect warming and comfort meal. With a hint of spice and the full tomato flavours, Chill Con Carne will definitely warm your soul while also keeping you on track with your goals. What we also love about this recipe is it will take you around 10minutes to put together and the rest of the flavours are developed while slow cooking on the stove. We know you will love this recipe and so will anyone you cook this up for.
Serves 4 | Calories 270 | Fat 12 g | Carbs 13 g | Protein 26 g
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 300g beef mince/ground beef
- 200g pork mince
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1l passata
- 14 oz / 420g can red kidney beans, (optional)
- 500ml beef bone broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 – 2 tsp cayenne pepper or chopped free green or red chilli depending on the level of heat you like
- 4 tsp paprika powder
- 5 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or onion powder)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 cups of Spinach (to Serve)
- Heat butter in a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, then add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the beef mince and pork mince. Cook, breaking it up as you go until mostly browned.
- Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until beef is browned all over. (This step helps release extra flavour from the spices)
- Add remaining ingredients, with 1 cup. Bring to simmer, then adjust heat per step below:
- Slow Cook – 1.5 hours to 2 hours, covered, on low heat so it’s bubbling very gently.
Serve this with Corn Chips, a dollop of sour cream on a bed of spinach