Need a quick and easy treat without any refined sugar? Don’t worry, we’ve got you. The beauty of this coconut rough is you’re likely to have most of these ingredients in your pantry already so it’s so simple to just throw together. At just 177 calories, this gooey-chewy delight will satisfy those sweet cravings whilst keeping you on track with your macro’s. It’s a win-win!
Quick ‘n’ Easy Coconut Rough (VG, DF, GF)
Serves 12 | Calories 177 | Fat 11g | C 17.9g | Protein 1.9g
- 9-10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 2 cups desiccated coconut + extra for topping
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate
- salt flakes *optional
- Place dates, cacao powder & vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and add your coconut, then mix with your hands.
- In a lined baking tray, add mix and flatten with your hands making sure to get into the corners.
- Melt chocolate either on the stovetop or in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Pour onto coconut base and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle some extra coconut on the top and leave in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Slice into 12 equal pieces and store in the fridge.