Think Chinese Lemon Chicken take-away but a super healthy version packed with so many wholesome ingredients. With the crispy chicken crunch and the tangy lemon zing, what we love about this recipe is it is super easy, packed with goodness and definitely one that the whole family will love. We always love incorporating bone broth in our recipes for the gut-healing properties as well as being nutrient dense. This recipe is also a great way to ensure you are getting enough protein and veggies. We hope you love this as much as we do!
Serves 6 | Calories 464 | Fat 13.2 g | Carbs 51 g | Protein 29.5 g
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 4-8 Tablespoons of Butter
Veggies – use the ones below or veggies of choice
- 1 Red Capsicum cut into julienne
- 1/2 a Wombok Or Cabbage Thinly Slices
- 2 Cups of Snow Peas cut into julienne
- In a small saucepan add the rice, bone broth and water and put over a medium head until boiling. Once boiling turn down to a low heat.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and toss with coconut aminos, 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder. Season with Salt and Pepper and set aside.
- In a saucepan mix the honey, lemon juice, grated ginger, 2 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, and 2 pinches salt. Whisk well. Set the skillet over medium heat and bring to a simmer to thicken. Once the mixture has slightly thickened and is bubbly. Remove from heat to cool.
- Using a frying pan or skillet over medium heat and add enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan In a small bowl, mix the remaining arrowroot powder (approximately 1/3 cup) with the coconut flour. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, and toss to mix.
- Place the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and shake off the excess before then adding to the frying pan. Cook for 3-5 min each side. Keep it face down until browned before then turning the chicken.
- Using another frying pan or saucepan add some butter and toss in the veggies. Add a little coconut aminos and salt and pepper for taste. sauté for 3 min just lightly cooking them
- To serve: Place the chicken on a plate and drizzle the warm lemon glaze over the top. Serve with the rice and veggies!