Looking for some recipe inspiration which just happens to be TOTALLY delicious!?
Life shouldn’t be about restriction. It is all about upgrading your choices and finding that sweet spot of balance where you can love food and love your results.
This macro-friendly mousse from Coach Bea is a great way of including a treat which is both nutrient-dense and delicious. Avocados are a great source of good fats which is essential for the health of every cell in your body, as well as hormone production.
Cocoa is a powerhouse food which is packed with magnesium, antioxidants and polyphenols. It has such benefits as protecting cells, lifting your mood and possibly lowering blood pressure. This recipe is simple to make and one that you can sneak in as a ‘health food.’
Macro Friendly Mousse
Serves 4 | Calories 258 | Fat 15.8 g | Carbs 25 g | Protein 3.8 g
- x2 frozen bananas (ripe)
- large avocado (ripe)
- ½ cup organic cocoa powder
- up to 60mL of maple syrup (start out with 30mL & work up from there)
- 50mL of melted coconut oil
- filtered water — as needed, slowly pour until achieved desired consistency
- Add all the contents to a food processor or a NutriBullet. Blend thoroughly. Taste it & amend flavour if needed, with the remainder maple syrup & add water if the mousse is too thick.
- Empty mousse into 4 cute glass jars, pop them in the fridge & enjoy this amazing desert with a berry garnish. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.