It’s the perfect season for salad’s and a pasta salad is always a great option for a lunch or dinner. We love this recipe because it’s so easy to throw together, making it a great option for meal prep. The creamy dressing has just the right amount of citrus and subtle spice, we have no doubt that this will be a recipe you’ll love! This salad is great served immediately or left in the fridge overnight for the flavours to infuse.
Mexican Style Pasta Salad (VG, DF)
Serves 6 | Calories 467 | Fat 9.8g | C 66.6g | Protein 26.4g
- 375g penne pasta (we used Vetta Smart Protein pasta for extra protein)
- 3 corn cobs
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 large red capsicum diced
- zest of 1/2 a lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 40g of mayonnaise (we used Vegenaise but you can use regular mayo if you prefer)
- 1 cup of chopped coriander
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook the corn cobs on a high heat in a griddle pan or on an open flame on the stove top (using tongs to turn) until they’re cooked through and slightly charred. Once cooled, cut the corn from the cob and leave aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your mayo, lime juice, lime zest, cayenne pepper and cumin then whisk together.
- Prepare other veggies then add to the bowl along with corn, pasta and coriander and mix together until salad is coated in dressing.
- Serve immediately or leave in the fridge to cool.