Who doesn’t love an asian Pad Thai to mix things up? Not only do we love the flavours, but the soft noodle texture combined with a little nutty crunch makes this dish super satisfying. You also have the choice of whether you want to spice this up or keep it mild. Just remember, the spicier the dish the more this ramps up the fat burning effects. We know that this will be a winner no matter if it is just for you or the whole family.
Serves 3 | Calories 384 | Fat 16.7 g | Carbs 20.9 g | Protein 36 g
- 250g prawns
- 150g tofu (any type)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp tamarind water (or white rice vinegar)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pack Slendier noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- lime wedge
- Optional – 1 birds eye chilli, chilli flakes
- Start by cooking your noodles (follow instructions on the packet and have this ready prior to cooking your other ingredients).
- Meanwhile, heat oil a large frying pan or wok and sauté garlic and onion until golden.
- Add prawns and tofu.
- Add your noodles and push noodles to the side so you can add the eggs to the pan.
- Allow eggs to cook before adding spring onion and bean sprouts (and birds eye chilli if you like it hot!).
- Now add the soy sauce, tamarind water, fish sauce and sugar.
- Once everything is cooked through just serve this up with some crushed peanuts and a lime wedge.