Perfectly poached eggs is a breakfast which makes you feel good right to your soul. This option is both rich in protein and prepares your brain for a productive day ahead. This recipe will help you bring your favourite cafe right into your home; you may never have to go out for breakfast again! With the option of either serving this with toast or spinach we know you will love starting your day this way.
Perfect Poached Eggs
Serves 1 | Calories 394 | Fat 18.2g | Carbs 31.2g | Protein 26g
- 2 Free Range or Organic Eggs
- Gluten Free Toast – We Like the Precinct Market Loaf (optional)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/2 Teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Bring a medium saucepan full of water to boil before then adding your vinegar.
- Using a spoon swirl it around the outside of your saucepan to create a mini whirlpool and crack both of your eggs in the centre (make sure it is still swirling).
- In a frying pan heat your butter before then adding your spinach cook until wilted and add your chilli flakes and salt and pepper.
- If you are having toast cook this now.
- Using a slotted spoon remove your eggs when you feel they are the right consistency – if you like them runny cook for 3-4 min.
- Serve on top of your spinach (and toast) with salt and pepper.