A new favourite to have on hand for lunch, a picnic or whenever you like. These are a sensational way to boost your veggies and to have a healthy snack on the go. We are obsessed with these, and we hope you end up too.
Rice Paper Rolls (DF, GF)
Serves 4 (3 pieces each) | Calories 368 | Fat 18.6g | C 29.8g | Protein 14.8g
*Makes 12 rolls
- 1 Chicken breast
- 400g can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of salt – I use Celtic
Rice Paper Roll Filling
1 Cos lettuce
12 Mint Leaves
Bunch of Coriander
1 large carrot julienne
1 large cucumber julienne
Red pepper julienne
1-2 cups of beansprouts
100g Rice Noodles
12 Rice Paper Roll Wraps
- 1 Tbsp of Almond Butter or peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp of tamari Sauce
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1/2 clove of garlic crushed
- 20ml of water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add your coconut milk, fish sauce, season with salt before adding your chicken breasts. Bring the liquid to a boil before turning it down to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken breasts are cooked right through.
- Prepare your vermicelli noodles as per the packet instructions. Drain the water and allow them to cool
- In a small bowl, add all of your sauce ingredients except the water. Stir & add water gradually to obtain the desired consistency.
- Remove your chicken from the heat, transfer to another bowl & shred the chicken. Set aside or put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Line up all of your fillings for the rice paper rolls. Dip your rice paper sheets in water & transfer to a tea towel to remove excess water.
- Lay the rice paper sheet add your filling. Rolling from the edge, covering your fillings, folding in the sides and then continue rolling until it is the shape of a fat cigar.
To serve, dip the rolls in the sauce and enjoy