We love chocolate anything! “But salted chocolate?” We hear you ask. Trust us, it is a whole different dimension of deliciousness. Much like salted caramel, salted chocolate is a delicious fusion that pairs well with….well most things, but in this instance, we’ve incorporated it into this deliciously nutty granola. This recipe is such a simple and tasty breakfast choice that is either great on its own or as a topping on yoghurt or smoothie bowls.
Salted Chocolate Granola (GF, DF, VG)
Serves 10 | Calories 165 | Fat 9.5g | C 16.4g | Protein 6.1g
- 1 cup rolled oats (gf optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 60ml pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt (this is to taste so you might want to use less salt)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and fold together until well combined.
- Place mix on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes or so to ensure granola is evenly baked.
- Leave granola to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.