This perfect pizza dough is gluten-free, simple to make and no doubt everyone will love! If you love pizza but hate feeling the bloat you will love this. Likewise, if you are constantly looking for inspiring healthy alternatives, as well as new recipes to try you can’t go past this one. Pizza is great to have as a lunch option or dinner and in my opinion is even better cold the next day. Finish this recipe with your favourite pizza topping selections and you are on a winner.
The Ultimate Pizza Dough
Serves 2 | Calories 389 | Fat 14.8g | Carbs 57.6g | Protein 6.3g
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1/3 cup of chickpea flour
- 1/3 cups of tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp italian herbs
- In a bowl mix a 1/4 cup of warm water with the yeast and set aside for 10 minutes to activate. Once yeast is activated you can stir in your maple syrup.
- Meanwhile add all flours & herbs into a food processor and start mixing them. Then add your activated yeast and olive oil.
- Slowly add as much water as you need until dough becomes silky smooth.
- Once your dough has reached desired consistency (it should be able to make a cohesive ball), leave the dough to in a bowl to rise and cover with a towel. Leave for about 1 hour. *Tip: if you dust the bowl with some flour first then the dough won’t get stuck to the bowl*
- After your pizza dough has risen for an hour, pre heat your oven to 180 degrees then, knead and roll out your dough to desired shape.
- Top your pizza dough with your desired toppings and pop that baby in the oven! Leave to cook for about 10 minutes or until dough is cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!