These sweet potato brownies are a delicious healthier alternative to the classic chocolatey treat. Sweet potatoes are definitely not the “norm” in a brownie recipe, but they provide added nutrition whilst keeping them rich in texture. Sweet potatoes are loaded with fibre and this simple recipe will satisfy your sugar cravings whilst keeping you on track to achieve your health and fitness goals! The whole family can enjoy these lovely brownies and they would even be great as a post workout snack or enjoyed with a coffee, plus they’re GLUTEN FREE!
Ultra Fudgey Brownies
Serves 16 | Calories 104 | Fat 1.7g | Carbs 7.1g
- 1 sweet potato (purple)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and put it in a blender until smooth. Turn the oven down to 170 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, add wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla then mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8x8 glass baking dish and line with wax free brown parchment paper
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Let rest to cool a bit and enjoy the fudginess!