As if there weren’t a million ways to enjoy pumpkin already; here’s one more. This vegan pumpkin Mac’n’Cheez recipe is creamy, dreamy & totally tummy-friendly. Perfectly al dente pasta gets tossed in a dairy-free pumpkin & cashew cream sauce. With simple ingredients, this cozy vegan Mac’n’Cheez recipe is the perfect meal for Meatless Mondays or…any day of the week really!
Serves 4-6 | Calories 360 | Fat 7.6g | Carbs 55g | Protein 14.2g
- ½ pumpkin
- 1 brown onion
- 1 chilli
- 1 capsicum
- 2 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 packet of Penne San Remo Pulse Pasta
- ¼- ½ jar of cashew cheese
- dash of almond milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 5-6 leaves of fresh sage
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pre heat your oven to 180º (fan forced) and roast your pumpkin, onion, chilli, capsicum and garlic for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and blend together in a food processor with the turmeric, nutmeg, sage, oregano, basil, nutritional yeast and cashew cheese until smooth. Add almond milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Stir in the pasta and serve. Or if you like you put the Mac n Cheez in an oven proof dish, sprinkle on a little bit of vegan cheese (or any cheese if not vegan) and pop it in the oven until golden.