Walnut & Lentil loaf
Serves 6 | Calories 187 | Fat 13.7g | Carbs 12g | Protein 6.6g
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- ½ cup of flax egg (made approx 20 mins prior)
- 175g brown lentils (can be mixed with split peas for added protein)
- 125g walnuts ground
- cashew feta cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Start by making your flax egg. For this recipe you will just need to add 1 tbsp of flax meal to 2 and 1/2 tbsp of water. Stir and let sit for 20 – 30 minutes, if you don’t have flax meal you can make your own by grinding up some flax seeds in a blender or by using a mortar and pestal.
- Pre heat your oven to 190º (fan forced) and in a pan fry the onion, capsicum and garlic until soft.
- Add the lentils to a pan of boiling water (or pressure cooker) and cook 8-10minutes. In a food processor, mix all ingredients (excluding the cheese) & lightly blitz it.
- Line a loaf tin with foil & spoon the mixture into the tin. If adding the cheese, set aside a small amount of the mixture. Add the cheese and cover the cheese with remainder mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Once cooked, set aside and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with any green vegetables.