Nothing says Christmas like a white Christmas slice. Packed with fruity nutty goodness surrounded by the creamy white chocolate texture this is an amazing addition to any Christmas table.
White Christmas Vegan Slice (VG, DF, GF)
Serves 20 | Calories 249 | Fat 12.6g | C 21.1g | Protein 3.9g
- 130g cocoa butter
- 200g raw cashews
- 140g desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 6 tbsp/ 45ml ‘ 60g maple syrup
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 130g dried cranberries
- 150g pistachio nuts
- 70g currants
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper or glad wrap.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler i.e. Medium Saucepan with 2 inches of water and place the cocoa butter in a metal bowl on top. Leave over a low to medium heat until completely melted.
- Process the cashew nuts and coconut in a blender until the mixture starts to clump together. Tip the mixture into the melted cocoa butter and add the salt, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir until smooth, using your spoon to press out any large lumps. Alternatively, you can blend these ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir through the majority of nuts and fruit and save some for the top. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin, smooth out the surface with a spatula. Sprinkle with the extra cranberries and pistachio nuts and top with coconut if desired.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour until firm. Once firm, cut into square pieces.