We know that throughout winter you might need a little warming up and our Winter Warmer Pancakes are just the antidote. Offering some gluten free and vegan goodness, these lovely, fluffy, spiced pancakes are the perfect breakfast for those chilly Sunday mornings.
Winter Warmer Pancakes
Serves 4 | Calories 370 | Fat 20.6 g | Carbs 33.4 g | Protein 9.3 g
- 1 cup of GF all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ – 2 cups non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Spices: salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger (optional)
- Maple syrup to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk flours, baking powder & spices then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup & milk, and whisk it to combine. Then add wet ingredients to dry ingredients & gently fold everything together.
- Spoon desired amount of batter for each pancake onto a non-stick pan & cook until brown on each side. *Tip, transfer cooked pancakes to a baking tray and leave in the oven set at 100ºC to keep them warm whilst you cook your other pancakes*
Enjoy hot with any toppings or sauce of your choice (keep it clean!).